Texas who can afford it are flocking to solar+storage systems for their homes, Bloomberg reports, in the wake of the catastrophic failure of the grid and gas system that left millions of Texans without power. The outages, which disproportionately affected Texans of color and people with disabilities, lead to nearly a dozen deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to reporting from the Texas Tribune, NBC, and ProPublica. Left without heat and power after the largely deregulated Texas grid left people freezing in their homes, many were forced to burn their furniture or light up their grills indoors for heat. More than 1,400 people sought urgent or emergency care for carbon monoxide poisoning during the outages — just 400 shy of the 2020 annual total. (Grid independence: Bloomberg $; CO poisoning (Texas Tribune, NBC, ProPublica)